Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Blog is Back

I finally found out my host family! I'll be living the Konyas in Osnabrueck. My host dad works at a hospital and my host mom is a school teacher. I have to host brother's, Mete and Emre. Mete is a year older than me and in high school. He just got back from a year in America and speaks flawless English. Emre is in college and studies at the Vienna University of Economics and Business. Hopefully we get to go visit him ;).

Osnabrueck is a small city (170,000 people). It looks really old, in a good way! I can't believe this is really happening. It seems so much more real now. I'm going to Germany for a year! A YEAR!

This month I've been doing an SAT prep class for the Oct 1st SAT I'll take in Germany. I've been preparing and taking it easy this month. I practically bought a new wardrobe to take with me, and got my documents together for my visa.

I've also gotten to see a lot of my friends and family. I only have 13 days left in Philadelphia and 17 days left in America. It still hasn't hit me. It probably still won't till I'm on the plane to Frankfurt.

I leave Philadelphia and go to DC on September 6th and I have orientation until the 9th. Then on September 9th all us CBYXer's fly to Germany and arrive there the 10th. Since my scholarship is gov't funded I get to visit the State Department and my local congressperson. I feel so important. haha

I'll write another post about DC and getting to Germany in 2 weeks!


2 comments:

Penny said...

Glad to see the blog again! Really enjoyed your Japanese adventures and am looking forward to following you around Germany. Have a fabulous year!

SalvadorArachnor said...

Hi! I live in the city you called "small" in your last post, but it's the home town of the german president and the westphalian peace of 1648. Before I go on rambling about the good qualities of Osnabrueck, I'll just link you to another american exchange student in the area. Check out her blog:

http://vagabondvictoria.blogspot.com/

Have a good time and don't respect Christian Wulf as you would Barak Obama- because he is a nincompoop!