Monday, April 18, 2011

Getting pumped

So now that I know that I'm going to Germany I just can't stop thinking about going to Germany! Everything just reminds me of Germany, for example, tonight we had strudel after dinner and that made think of the delicious strudel I'll get to try in Germany! I still have bouts of bouts of euphoria about it. I can't wait to get there. I've been counting the days till summer and trying to learn more German. I'm trying to learn about 500 new words over the summer. I've been watching German tv (ZDF) and watching some German movies and I write down the words I don't know. It's annoying that even after 10 years of German and 3 or so years of intense study I can still always find words I don't know when I watch a movie or read a book. I really want to be fluent and I'm working hard for it. Over the last month or so I've met so many new people via facebook thru this scholarship program. I have made new friends from all over the world. It's really awesome, people from Mexico, Columbia, Brazil, Bolivia, Portugal, Denmark, Indonesia, Italy etc. It's really exciting that I'll get to know people from all over the world. Bis spaeter!

No comments: