Sunday, May 1, 2011

I'M GOING TO JAPAN

On Friday in the mail I received a large FedEx package. I opened it up and found I t-shirt from YFU. I was already excited! I read the front page of the papers that came along with the shirt and found that I had won the Okinawa peace scholarship from YFU! I won a scholarship to go to Japan! It includes an orientation in San Francisco at UC Berkeley and another orientation in Tokyo. That means I get to go to San Fran, Tokyo and then Okinawa! I’m going to Japan and then I’m going to Germany! I must be the luckiest person in the world. I have nothing to complain about! Here’s a picture of me in the t-shirt. I leave around June 20th and return around August 1st. I’m already starting to learn Japanese. I’m excited to learn this fun and interesting language but I’m also a bit overwhelmed by how much I want to learn before I go. Japanese grammar is...complicated to say the least and I haven’t learnt much yet but Im pouring my heart into it :) さようなら (sayonara)!





沖縄! (Okinawa)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud and happy for you, John!!